Fear is a bully, pure and simple.
Fear takes many forms:
- peer pressure
- fear of failure
- fear of success
- fear of the opinions and judgements of others (real, or imagined)
- fear of being different
- fear of being the same
- fear of letting someone down
- fear of loss of a friendship
- fear can stop us getting up and being true to ourselves, but more importantly, true to God’s Word
- fear seeks to stop us moving into the call God has for our lives
- fear has to do with punishment
- fear divides and separates and isolates
- fear is paralyzing and silencing and limiting
- fear is destructive in so many areas of life
- fear robs us of faith
- if we give in to fear, fear brings confusion and chaos–these are footholds the enemy seeks to wedge into our lives…
Why fear anything? Why fear at all? We serve Jesus, the King of heaven. All power belongs to Him. All authority belongs to Him. We can Trust Him. He loves us. When we understand He loves us–perfectly–we will live totally free.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love, 1John 4:18.
Love perfects and frees. Fear binds and punishes. And daily we choose…
I know what I choose. How about you?