A Homeschool Co-op for High Schoolers
As a homeschool co-op, we have parent and teacher involvement in education. We aim to provide a biblically-based educational environment and to help parents raise a healthy and maturing love for Jesus in their children. Biblically, the foundation of all education is: “The love-filled worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding” (Psalm 111:10). And “The love-filled worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction” (Proverbs 1:7). “Children are a GIFT from God” (Psalm 127:3). They have been given to us to love and nurture and raise into men and women of God who will bring great glory to His name! Concerning the teachings of the Lord: Parents, “you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise” (Deuteronomy 6:7). “Train up a child in the way they should go, and when he is old, they will not turn from it” (Proverbs 22:6). God is on this journey with us as we raise this generation of young people.
The program is a 51% parent and 49% teacher-led program as a homeschool co-op. This keeps the program in the homeschool category and is therefore NOT a private school. There is in-class teaching and independent work that the student is responsible for. A combination of teacher and parent involvement in each student’s education is needed for the student’s success.
The purpose of our partnership with parents:
- To raise a generation of young people who know, love, fear, and walk-in intimate friendship with God.
- To empower these young people into loving service of Him.
- To educate these young people into their God-given talents and genius.
Virginia Scholars Academy
1060 Lynnhaven Parkway
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
*Starting the 2022-2023 school year, we will be moving to a new location.
- Algebra 1 — Teacher, in person
- Algebra 2 — Teacher, in person
- Advanced Math/Geometry — Teacher, in person
- Chemistry — Teacher, in person
- Life Foundations: Christian Apologetics, Life Habits, and Finances — Teacher plus supervised, video lessons, and independent student work (Dave Ramsey textbook, plus more)
- Church History — Independent curriculum provided through a VSA (Pentecost to The Present, three-book trilogy by Jeff Oliver)
In-Person days are Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8:30AM to 2:30PM. Students attend for the whole day and are advised to pack lunch and snacks.
*Parents/students are responsible for their textbooks.
1. Yearly co-op membership: $75 per family. With this fee, students get an IXL membership and use of the school space for the school year. This includes class time and study blocks for independent learning. (IXL is a personal learning and practice website, useful for Math and English skill development.)
2. VSA Math: $30 per month per class, nine months. Or full year paid in advance: $240.
3. VSA Chemistry: $35, nine months. Or full year paid in advance: $280.
4. VSA Life Foundations: $30 per month, nine months. Or full year: $240.
5. VSA Church History curriculum is provided for FREE. Parents will need to purchase the three-book trilogy by Jeff Oliver, approx. $55, and supervise their student’s work, including grading.
Click here for Family Registration and Class Fees.
You will receive an emailed receipt with your total payment. However, it does not designate individual classes. Please contact us about which class(es) your child student is taking.
School Applications / Documentation
Please read and fill out the Registration and Culture of Honor contract forms. There are essential points to note about our statement of faith and our culture.
1. Core High School Graduation Requirements printable pdf
2. Registration Form: Registration Form printable pdf (Six pages doc includes: education and medical history, statement of faith, church…)
3. Honor Code: Culture Of Honor printable pdf
4. Technology Policy: Technology Policy printable pdf
5. Dress Code: Dress Code printable pdf
6. Payment Contract: Student Fees Contract
If you are interested and want more details for you or your young person, submit: your name, address, phone number, and young person’s age and grade level to: email@example.com