Church Planting: The Spontaneous Expansion Of The Church is a nine week Church Planting class: The spontaneous expansion of the church is the heart and will of God for His church. Spontaneous expansion is the mark of the life and flow of the Holy Spirit in an individual and in a church. In the book of Acts we read how a small group of people gathered to pray and wait for the Holy Spirit and as He fell upon them, baptizing them, He radically transformed all the men and women gathered into courageous ministers of the gospel.
These brave Spirit-filled people learned to follow and obey every instruction given to them by the Holy Spirit. They learned to live fully dependent upon Him for everything. And as they continued to live as yielded vessels for His glory they were used by Him and saw the spontaneous expansion of the church through their lives into many other cities and nations.
This is how spontaneous kingdom expansion works: He works our lives into the culture around us. Change happens because the Holy Spirit, who is God, works through our lives to transform everything around us.
In this Church Planting course students will learn:
- What is CHURCH?
- What or who makes up the church?
- How does the church grow?
- Who owns the church?
- Does leadership matter? If so, what kind?
- Big church? Small church? House church? All of it is valid and beautiful and needed.
- Can I lead a church?
- How do I lead a church?
- God’s Word, prayer, and worship in the church.
- Church planting 101.
- Discipleship 101.
The course is 100% online utilizing video lectures, weekly zoom teachings, and student discussion boards. Students are required to read: Church Planting Movements by David Garrison during the nine weeks and write small response papers for discussion. We are asking students to prayerfully read, Continuous Revival by Norman Grub before class starts or sometime during the first week of class.
Class begins Monday September 13, 2021.
The semester is nine weeks.
Zoom lectures are Wednesdays 8PM.
September 15, 22, and 29.
October 6, 13, 20, and 27.
November 3 and 10.
Books/Resources for this course:
1. Your Bible! Preferably and NIV or NASB. There are a lot of other great versions. These two are preferred and most accurate to the original Greek.
2. David Garrison, Church Planting Movements: How God is Redeeming A Lost World (Arkadelphia, AR: WIGTake Resources, 2004).
Available on Amazon, paperback or Kindle (clickable link)
3. Norman Grubb, Continuous Revival (CLC Publishers, 1997).
Available on Amazon, paperback of Kindle (clickable link)
4. Zoom: Download the zoom app and create a free account.
Who can do this class? Anyone! Any believer in Christ Jesus can participate in this class. We are the church! The church is our great big family.
Registration for the class is through Tribe Jesus, our social media platform that has a $22 per year registration fee (or $2 per month): Here for more details: Information about Tribe Jesus or here to set up an account: Tribe Jesus.